Announcement

Collapse

2019 Year End Awards Banquet Jan. 11th 2020

Online Tickets Now Available!
Sign up with credit / debit cards here: https://othgsierra.redpodium.com/2019-awards-banquet

Banquet Flyer & Mail-In Registration Form:
https://sierraothg.com/resources/2019_banquet.pdf 

Home Page: [Click Here] Visit our sponsors: [Click Here]

See more
See less

Parking at Argyll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking at Argyll

I posted this to the Bay facebook page, but in case anyone here has any info....
    I got to Argyll about 6:45 am on sunday in a pickup, towing a 16ft trailer and found their was no parking left in the main area for something the size I am [unless I parked and blocked someone in]. I had to park in the field past the starting line. With so many more riders coming for the national with motorhomes and trailers, are they going to have additional parking that weekend?
    Got a reply right away-

• Bay Over the Hill Gang
      Bay Over the Hill Gang Yes. We will be chalking the main parking area and monitoring it as well. The kids track will be leveled so there will be additional parking out there. If needed, the speedway parking lot will be opened as well.

Last edited by HUFFER95S; 08-13-2019, 07:43 AM.

Brad Mike is going to smooth out both kids tracks and we will have the pit area for car track there will be plenty of parking they have had over 500 for triple crow and with his new PA system all should be able to here what is going on
    Last edited by Woods404s; 08-13-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update..Looks like we're bringing the motorhome... The car track parking would be good for RVs and such....

Comment

here's our parking layout for the national weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	Argyll Parking.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	1511

Comment

Comment

Comment

Will we be able to get in Thursday some time or Friday for those if us that are camping for the length of the event?

Comment

• Ryan305b
                Ryan305b commented
                Editing a comment

Comment

Comment

Rob I totally hear your frustrations. We tried the best we could to get the parking lot chalked as quick as we could. Unfortunately we only had a few board members out there early enough to make sure folks parked correctly. I think the only way this can be fixed in the future is not allowing anyone in until after the Chapters have set up their lots and areas for vendors first. Chris did a good job trying to manage the issue the best he could and still be fair. I hope you were able to find a good spot to set up and hope you the best for the National.

Comment

I was scared away from the National by parking and the heat...but even if it wasn't hot, I was thinking about doing day trips rather than camping because of the parking issue.

Comment

• Pat237s
                      Pat237s commented
                      Editing a comment

I agree with showing up to a lot full of trailers. We arrived at 3:25 expecting to get in the line of rigs waiting but instead found the gates already open and the front lot 80% full and it wasn't even 4pm yet. Also the "saved spots " were out of control. Guys had large sections saved for most of the evening. I went for a walk at about 8pm and numerous saved spots that were saved since 3:30 were still not occupied. I crused over to the Sprint car pits to find guys who were parked sideways instead of straight in taking up an area that could have held 4 more trailers.
                    I know we are all here just to have a great weekend of racing but there will always be the entitled few who ruin it for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan305b View Post
                      Rob I totally hear your frustrations. We tried the best we could to get the parking lot chalked as quick as we could. Unfortunately we only had a few board members out there early enough to make sure folks parked correctly. I think the only way this can be fixed in the future is not allowing anyone in until after the Chapters have set up their lots and areas for vendors first. Chris did a good job trying to manage the issue the best he could and still be fair. I hope you were able to find a good spot to set up and hope you the best for the National.

Comment

Working...
                      X