Fun Battle with Ward this weekend at the MMX/D36 Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Battle with Ward this weekend at the MMX/D36 Event

You can see the laptimes of Ward125s and myself as well as the other riders.

http://results.ama-d36.org/2020/CC/2...C_SR_PLUS.html

I gave him everything I had, but came up a little short.

Great fun race.

any video of the race joey?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew225s View Post
      any video of the race joey?
      No, not this time. I knew my battery would not last a full 90 minutes so I didn't set it up. It was a really fun race. We were row 5.

I dont even try and get a great jump at this race because I know the 2nd and 3rd straights are going to be as slippery as mayo sandwich. I came through the holeshot marker in 4th or 5th and sure enough a corner later, two guys were on the ground and Ward was going around them. I think that set us up for 1st and 2nd, but it might have been 2nd and 3rd at that point. I could not tell. Over the next 4 or 5 laps were only a bike length or two away from each other. I passed him in a corner and he came in and pushed me wide and got the spot back. Then the next lap he got caught on the water crossing behind a slower rider and I went by, pretty sure I soaked them both, not going to lie, I was laughing inside, but two seconds later in the rocks, Ward came flying by.

Then I had to pit, so I forgot about Ward and just tried my best to pass as many people as I could. With about 1/2 lap to go I saw Ward and tried to chase him down. I tried one pass on the Sand track, but the 125 could not get my fat butt up to speed fast enough out of the corner to make it stick. Then with about 35 feet to the finish I passed on the outside, Ward goosed the throttle and pushed me wide. I hit the barrier, we both went down. The cross country stewards gave us a talking to.

IT WAS AWESOME.

We finished right near the top 10 for the whole moto. I think they had about 7 or 8 rows.
      Last edited by Joey927s; 10-26-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

That's awesome. Was going to race it too but didn't have spark arrestor. So, rode E-Street then came over and watched/pitted for a friend at noon race...

Comment

It was a blast. I did my first ever one that Saturday.

Comment

Working...
          X