Where is the chatter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the chatter?

Another race weekend is upon us and it is like a funeral service out here! Where's the excitement! The trash talk! Are we afraid someone might get "B^tthurt? Too bad, rub some dirt in it, keep going!
    I'll start!
    Will Jim Jensen actually race this weekend, or is he still using the sore ribs as an excuse not to race Fred Biagini?
    Will Sommer slam into Drake off the line to gain a position?
    Will Rice honk at everyone to get out of the way?
    Will Cunnigham dominate the 58 Novice class again? Keep increasing those advancement points.
    Will Drake try his "sandbagging" techniques?
    Will McGehee "boot" Drake off the track?

Okay. I did my part, what have you got? You're not "chicken", are you?

Originally posted by Drake557s View Post
    Another race weekend is upon us and it is like a funeral service out here! Where's the excitement! The trash talk! Are we afraid someone might get "B^tthurt? Too bad, rub some dirt in it, keep going!
    I'll start!
    Will Jim Jensen actually race this weekend, or is he still using the sore ribs as an excuse not to race Fred Biagini?
    Will Sommer slam into Drake off the line to gain a position?
    Will Rice honk at everyone to get out of the way?
    Will Cunnigham dominate the 58 Novice class again? Keep increasing those advancement points.
    Will Drake try his "sandbagging" techniques?
    Will McGehee "boot" Drake off the track?

Okay. I did my part, what have you got? You're not "chicken", are you?

You're right - It's just not the same anymore.
    There is a small core of pot-stirrers that still attempt to stir the pot. I remember when I first joined the club, the forums were basically 99% trash talking.
    Anyways, good questions.
    #2: Yes.

Comment

• Drake557s
      Drake557s commented
      Editing a comment
      HaHa! I knew you wouldn't disappoint me Mike. I will volunteer once again to give every 58 Novice a FREE tire air check.

Honk Honk. Or will Sommer only let me pass if his arm is hanging out of its socket, or is having a heart attack. Or Drake only let me by after a mid-air altercation. My bike is still experiencing intermittent electrical problems so I've kept it running since the sandbox. should be fine

Comment

• Drake557s
      Drake557s commented
      Editing a comment
      Just keep adding fuel.

btw, your number must end in 7 to post here

Comment

I've figured out the dislocation thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	duct-tape.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	4477

Comment

• Drake557s
        Drake557s commented
        Editing a comment
        Thumbs Up!

Duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sounds.

Comment

I suck at trash talking. I can't make the race this weekend anyway. I'll be at the next race and then the national so I look forward to seeing you guys then. I enjoy racing with you all but jeez, I'm thinking of sleeving down to 200cc just so we can ride together a little more Maybe the paper towel in the airbox route is the way to go? Anyway, have a fun this weekend!

Comment

• Drake557s
          Drake557s commented
          Editing a comment
          Well don't sleeve that thing down to a 125, we know that motor will beat us all day long.
          HaHa! Nice paper towel reference. You need more sandbags, you're going too fast at the beginning.
          Looks like I might be riding a borrowed bike this weekend. I loss a cam bearing.

• Mike257s
          Mike257s commented
          Editing a comment
          Drake - I have a spare 2005 RM250 that you are more than welcome to use.

You lost a cam bearing? That means you were practicing somewhere... You know that is against the rules to practice!

• Drake557s
          Drake557s commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I was practicing somewhere, but no. My factory mechanic had just finished putting everything back together, started it up, rode down the dirt road about 200 ft. and she stopped. I thank God I wasn't jumping when it stopped. So, now I am having the area where the cam sits looked at on the head and have already ordered a new cam and gaskets. It should be ready for the next race.
          If you bring the 05 to practice saturday, I will attempt to ride it and not kill myself. I will be very thankful for the loaner.

Originally posted by marty_cunningham View Post
        I suck at trash talking. I can't make the race this weekend anyway. I'll be at the next race and then the national so I look forward to seeing you guys then. I enjoy racing with you all but jeez, I'm thinking of sleeving down to 200cc just so we can ride together a little more Maybe the paper towel in the airbox route is the way to go? Anyway, have a fun this weekend!
        Marty, I highly recommend Drakes FREE tire pressure check before each moto.
        And I will be happy to provide my paper towel stuffing services for free as well. I'm pretty good at it, and I guarantee that it's a real crowd pleaser the way that paper towel confetti shoots out of the exhaust.
        We'll take care of you at the National.

Comment

• Drake557s
          Drake557s commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely! Mike and I are more then happy to assist you with our air checks and towel stuffing.

So Drake, consider looking around your garage floor for the lost cam bearing. If you can't find it, I will be happy to fix it good at the next race. I won't be racing this weekend.

Comment

• Drake557s
          Drake557s commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Thank you. I’ll check my pockets too. See at the next one. I’ll give you a rain check on the free tire air check.

• marty_cunningham
          marty_cunningham commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, it sounds like the Rice Rocket is on to my "resting to be fresh" for Nationals program! Or maybe he has a burned out taillight of broken horn? I'm thinking he's afraid of Drake on the orange bike.

• Drake557s
          Drake557s commented
          Editing a comment
          HaHa! Maybe Marty. I don’t think he’s afraid of me, but he might be adding a train horn.

Spy photo - Drake at a private practice track - be afraid, very afraid. Just sayin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	drake557s1.jpg Views:	35 Size:	366.3 KB ID:	4499

Comment

I knew I should have covered myself with black tape like car manufacturers do.

Comment

Still resting to be fresh. Never been on either of the remaining National Tracks, don't plan on practicing. I will be so fat and fresh by the next Nat I may bring my Goldwing for my pit bike.

Comment

• Drake557s
              Drake557s commented
              Editing a comment
              I have often thought of buying a Goldwing, and a trailer from Harbor Freight, to haul my bike to the races. All you need is a blowup mattress, sleeping bag, and a cooler. Done!
              Doug, you can use my old pre-race food plan...all you can eat pizza and ice cream.
              And there is a YouTube video of guys jumping Goldwings on a track.

Or you can ride a street legal Husky 501 to the track... Ready to Race!!!

I used to race my Honda 650XLR at Sac Raceway on Friday nights. I would ride it from Pollock Pines down to Sac with a big pack of gear. Rode it home one night after the races with a broken subframe. This was in 1996, before Doug Henry showed the world the modern day 4 stroke.

Guess I am a duel purpose nut

Comment

• Drake557s
              Drake557s commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! That's great.
          Working...
          X