Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Donny Tillery 26s

Hello Gang,

It is with a heavy heart that I pass along the news of Donny Tillery’s passing and funeral information. For those of you that knew Donny #26s (Expert/Master Class Rider), you knew he was one of the best to every race in the OTHG and he was one of the most solid humans you could ever meet. If you were a friend of Donny’s, you were a friend for life and one lucky individual. Donny hasn’t raced much with the gang as of late, but when he did you couldn’t miss him. He loved his Honda CRF 450’s, raced without gloves, pulled fat hole shots from the outside gates, and his infectious smile could always be seen inside his helmet! He was a class act, and one of the riders you came to the fence to watch so you could learn the smooth lines and see how it’s supposed to be done!

Donny passed away on Sunday November 20th while trail riding at Moon Rocks outside of Sparks NV. Donny’s passing was quick and he did not suffer. He was riding with several friends at the time of his accident, and although the pain, sorrow, & disbelief are there, we can find solace in knowing that he died doing one of the things he loved most.

Donny loved spending time with his 3 kids (Olyvia 8, Daegon 17, and Gavin 22). He also enjoyed spending time with Family & Friends, vacationing in Mexico, giving back to his community (Ione and Amador County) and of course Riding Motorcycles. He retired from the California State Corrections department after 30 years of dedicated service just 17 days prior to his passing.

Here is the link for the funeral details:
    https://danerimortuary.com/obituaries/donald-donny-tillery/

Love ya DT! Ride in Peace my Friend, you will be missed and forever in our hearts!
    Paul 29s

So sad to hear this news. He was a good guy and fun to watch race. Way too young!
    Ride in Peace DT26s

Comment

I first me Donny on the gate t Mammoth Mountain it was my son Sy's first time racing it and Donny's sons first time too they were on 85s, they were on the gate next too each other and both kids were as nervous as they could get we were both trying to calm them down, and while they were racing Donny was cheering for my son just as much as his own I had just met him saw what kind of person he was. Over the years every time he would see Sy he would go out of his way to say hi to him, we didnt see him much but it was always fun to run into him at the track. Sy and I are going to miss seeing him greatly, God Speed my friend! see you on the other side

Comment

Well this is very sad news. Prayers to his family and loved ones!
        R.I.P Donny Tillery you will be missed my dude! 🙏 🕊️

Comment

It's difficult to understand or accept Donny's passing. DT26s was larger than life. Condolences to all of Donny's family and friends.

Comment

Upsetting to hear....Donny was always fun to race or chase ...I'll never forget the races against him or the conversation before and after races. class act. Thoughts and prayer for him and his family.
            Last edited by Callahan999; 11-30-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I can’t believe it! No way. Donny is one of the best people I’ve had the privilege to party and hang out with. This is shocking.

Comment

There is a ride day/celebration setup for 12/17/22 at hangtown/PC . Please come out and celebrate the life of a great human/friend of so many.

Comment

Working...
                X